What type of work does Northern Metalworks do?
There is no project to small or too big. Our facility has the capability of hoisting and maneuvering components up to 10 tons in weight.
The following are some examples of the projects that we have completed for customers:
- Lawn furniture repairs
- Lawn mower deck repairs
- Deck and Dock components
- Cast Iron Repairs (Engine blocks and most cast iron components)
- Railings and Gates (Interior and Exterior)
- Staircases (Interior and Exterior)
- Aluminum tank repairs
- Commercial Stainless Steel Products (restaurant and retail environments)
- Road side signage and pillars
- Heavy Equipment repairs (dump trucks, flat beds, tractor trailers, excavation equipment)
- Excavation Equipment bucket repairs (replace bucket teeth, repair and reinforcement)
- Grain Elevators
- Silos (Grain and Aggregate)
- Conveyor Systems (Commercial, Industrial, Grain and Aggregate)
- Bins (build or repair garbage, scrap and construction bins)
- Aggregate Machinery Chassis’
What are the services offered at Northern Metalworks?
MIG, TIG, Stick Weld, Hard Surfacing Rod, Robot Welding, CNC Plasma Cutting, Torch, Break, Shear, Bender, Bandsaw, Punch, ½ to 10 ton Overhead Cranes and Machining Services. CAD Drawings.
<strong>Added Value Services</strong>: Sandblasting, Painting, Powder Coating, E-Coating, Zinc Plating, Galvanizing, and Laser Cutting. Please inquire about these services with our Estimating Staff.
If you do not see the service that applies to your project, please contact us and we will offer you a solution or refer you to a business that can complete it.
Can the General Public purchase material and services?
Yes, we carry the most common materials, profiles and dimensions. The majority of our stock is mild steel and we carry a small selection of aluminum and various alloys. As the demand increases, we adjust our stocked material on a weekly basis. If we do not have the material that you are looking for, we will order it in for you.
We offer Cut-to-Size, Special and Bulk order services.
The general public has full access to our services, knowledge and expertise. Whatever the project, from repairing broken lawn furniture to customizing and repairing massive farm machinery, we have the solution for you.
We offer No Obligations, Free Estimates to all of our customers no matter the size of the project.
What type of Material is available from Northern Metalworks?
Common material and profiles in stock. We may have to order the desired specific material.
- Carbon and Mild Steel – Hot & Cold Rolled
- Profiles – Angle, Channel, Flat Bar, Hex Bar, Pipe, Plate, Rebar, Rectangular Tube, Round Bar, Round Shaft, Round Tube, Sheet, Square Bar, Square Tube, Structural Pipe, T-Bar, Threaded Rod
- Alloy Steel
- Profiles – Flat Bar, Hex Bar, Plate, Round Bar, Square Bar
- Stainless Steel
- Profiles – Angle, Flat Bar, Hex Bar, Hose, Hose, Plate, Round Bar, Sheet, Shim Stock, Threaded Rod
- Profiles – Angle, Channel, Flat Bar, Pipe, Plate, Rectangular Tube, Round Bar, Round Tube, Sheet, Square Bar, Square Tube, T-Bar
- Mesh and Grating
- Profiles – Expanded Metal, Grating, Wire Mesh
- Profiles – Grip Strut, I-Beam, I-Beam Aluminum, Jack Posts, Wide Flange, Painted Beams, Lintels
- Machinery Steel
- Tool Steel
- Profiles – Drill rod, Flat Bar, Round Bar, Round Shaft, Square Bar
- Brass, Copper, Bronze
- Profiles – Flat Bar, Hex Bar, Pipe, Plate, Round Bar, Sheet, Square Bar
- Abrasive Resistant Steel
- Profiles – Plate, Round Bar, Sheet
Can I order special order materials from Northern Metalworks?
Yes, we stock the most common mild steel profiles and dimensions, there are many materials available that we do not stock in our warehouse. We always discuss the requested special order materials with the customer and review all of the order information before we place the order. For special ordered material, once ordered, the customer cannot cancel the order or return it. We ask that the customer pay up front for any special ordered material.
What type of payment does Northern Metalworks accept?
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DEBIT, CASH, and CHEQUES. For our business clients, we can create an account and extend credit with 30 day net terms as per approved credit.
Can I have Northern Metalworks pickup and deliver my parts?
Yes, Northern Metalworks owns and operates its own 28ft Tandem Flat-bed Truck. For small pickup and deliveries, we use a company ½ ton pickup truck. Please speak with our estimating staff if you would like to exercise this service.
How do I get an apprenticeship as a welder fitter?
The Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) provides a step by step process to applying for and starting a welder fitter apprenticeship. Go to http://gooyap.ca to find out more information and to jump start your career.
How do I find out if a company is certified by the Canadian Welding Bureau?<
The Canadian Welding Bureau is a nationally recognized certifying organization who within their website offers a search function for anyone to use to verify a company’s certification or to find a certified company in their immediate market.
Go to http://eng.cwbgroup.org/Pages/default.aspx and follow the steps to search certified companies such as Northern Metalworks who is certified by the CWB to 47.1 Standard, Division 3.